Friday, March 30, 2007

A Whole Dang Week...or, Whaaaaaaa happened to March!


Geeze Louise, I haven't posted in nearly a week! What happened to the days? Well, I'll try not to be so remiss in the future, let me assure you.

Almost finished the Kilt Jacket and have subsequently and much to my delight taken up correspondence with my twin sister regarding "THE JACKET" as it is now known. She's getting it and in return, without my asking either..just because she wanted to, has crocheted my a really cool jacket as well....aren't we just the crafty ones? Miss Niblefingers is nearing completion of my jacket...she's quite speedy....and I am so excited to see it. She bought antique buttons for it and it's crocheted in some nice silky yarn...oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I will post a pic once the package has arrived from Michigan.

The cotton yarn arrived yesterday for Tommy's sweater I am designing. I laboriously knitted a plethora(I like that word) of swatches in chosen patterns to get gauge and finally ended up with 7sts. to the inch on size 7 dp needles (and circular too). It will be lovely if I do say so myself!!!

I found a pattern last night for knitted stockings from the 40's....is it ever cool!!! Sure wish I lived somewhere that had some actual cold weather...sigh...but, at least I can knit for Pat, Johanna and Beth...who do live in an Arctic clime.
Margie died yesterday and I am feeling very sad. I loved her like a Mom-well, she was to me. She did so much for me and the boys when L. left us. I don't think we would have survived without her. The funeral will be Monday. I hope Andy gets back from Florida before Monday. He's there on Spring Break and we haven't been able to get in touch with him yet. Called Mama last night when I found out. Shes doing well...feisty as ever and working. Wanting to go on another trip soon, but probably won't for a little while. Hope to go see her soon

No comments: