Saturday, March 24, 2007

Swatches and Knitting Euro Patterns







You know, you'd think the whole world would get one system for measurement and stick with it. A morning spent swatching a project is not my idea of a good time. I have this fabulous pattern I'm using from Drops...all of their patterns are just soooooooo gorgeous...and the swatch and pattern calls for size 7mm needles. Do you think American needles would correspond? Ohhhhh, no, of course not. I had to swatch three times before I could get gauge!!! I don't like swatching anyway. It's like exercising-uggggghhh-I just wanna get on with it. I'm excited about the yarn and how it's going to look and the pattern is awesome, but I'm swatching for at least two hours trying to get the right gauge so that I don't have, as the Yarn Harlot puts it, a house cozy instead of a jacket!!! Anyhoo, I finally got it on size 9 (5.5mm) needles and it really is lovely if I do say so myself! I've chosen a moss green bulky cotton and I found the most gorgeous pair of kids chopsticks-quite unique-to use for the fastner (avec "spare" no less!) I am quite chuffed with my choice on this one!!



Purple Kilt Jacket is progressing along. My annoyance with my huge error in counting has waned and I am once again steadily working on it. Couldn't use the yarn frogged from it but will use it on something else...thinking about a sampler afghan for all left over bits and bobs!

No comments: