Friday, March 9, 2007

Gawd Awful Day...But ready to knit now



Guess what....My Yarn winder came...plus other goodies. I wound everything in sight!! What a fabulous gadget...love it, love it! That's Tom at the Art Show with his Abby Portrait! Such a sweetheart...Tom, that is!

Here is my rant::::: I can't even believe how awful today was at work...freekin people who lie and sit out of work so that I have to run myself ragged doing my job and theirs...soooooooooooooo glad it's Friday and I am back home now and can see to my knitting...at least for the next two days.



Knitted a little watchcap for Matthew tonight...just took a couple of hours-nothing fancy. I think he'll like it though.



Also got my toys yesterday...new Yarn ball winder, see above pic of all my treasure, four sets of sock needles and a ball of nice tweedy sock yarn to make Tom some socks. I wound my teal blue fingering wool into balls last night...this is the yarn I am using to make the Kimono Jacket I designed. It's going to be plain knit, then I am going to embroider on it...I think I have enough yarn to make this project-I may have to make some adjustments to the length though...I'd like it somewhat long, but we shall see. I am excited to begin it so that is why I went ahead and wound out the yarn. I have over 2000 yards so I am almost sure I can get the right length to make it very dramatic. I've even thought about doing the design in beading instead of embroidery but that might be a bit pricey...still, it would be worth it-and the patience it would take to do it. Off to the drawing table to work on the Kimono design some more...It has to be perfect.


Oh yeah, went to Tom's show last night. He should have won a prize for his portraits. This group is rather snooty...the Atelier type who think only the Atelier type of artist is any good...geeze Louise, I get so sick of those people...anyway, there was a nice array of artwork even though ONLY the "A" people won awards and Tom's was among the best...if not the best. DEFINITELY THE BEST!!!!!!



No comments: