Saturday, March 17, 2007

Knitting News

MY FELTED JAR...on sock needles

I have been so busy lately that I've forgotten to post here but I will remedy that this morning.

I am teaching a lady at work to knit and she is doing a fine job. She making a very simple shrug in Homespun yarn by LionBrand. It's going to be quite pretty I think.

As for myself, I'm finishing up the Ladies Kilt Jacket-just the sleeves to go and then assemble and see how it looks then. I have a sneaky suspicion that my sister Pat would like it and not have me give it to her daughter. Well Jo doesn't know about it and I can make something else for her and now, will probably go ahead and wrap it up for Pat as an early B'day present. She's got the right figure for it as well and I think will suit her too.

Another thing I am working on is a felted jar to hold my knitting needles so that they do not disappear down the black hole of my knitting bag...along with markers, counters, yarn bobbins and stitch holders. I think I will make some smaller vessels as well to hold all these magical bits and bobs...now, how tidy and organized is that!!! I've still got to get this studio moved around and painted. Leslie is covering the chair cushion for me and making curtains to match so I really need to get these walls painted and set up in here so that it is more 'user friendly'!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Hi there
I love the colours you are using for the jar. And how organised of you.
(I found your blog from your post on garnstudio forums, hope that's ok).