Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ripping Great Day


Ahhh, don't you just love the feel of unraveling stitches...all the way back to cast on?? I finished up the front sides of the Ladies Kilt...indeed, it is going to my dear sister Pat, more about that later...and lo and behold when I laid it out to pin to the back, I noted that the cables were looking a tad different. What can this be? (I mused) Moi? Make an error in knitting? But, right there in front of my eyes I noted that I had indeed made a cable which was not up to par and was in fact, substandard (and short about three rows as well!!!!) Of course, wouldn't you know it, it was all the way back down to cable crossover #2 so I thought you'll never get all those stitches back on the needle with your level of frustration being what it is, so let 'er rip!!! And I took the end of the yarn and put it in the ball winder and wound that sucker right back into a nice ball of yarn....to start all over with. It's a knitters life I live. Well, last night I was too frustrated with it and looked at it several times and wanted to get the needles to it again, but didn't....maybe a bit of space betwixed myself and said ball of heathery purple softness is a good thing and I will take it up again-perhaps tonight. Meanwhile, I grabbed my #10.5's and the pink boucle and began knitting a nice little shawl to wear to the Atlanta Portrait Society's annual "do"....which we found out last night will include 2, TWO, of Tommy's portraits...Hannah and Jordan!!!! I am so thrilled for him. I hope, hope, hope that he will win an award. Both of them are so good and deserve to win. Maybe just maybe...fingers crossed! Pink boucle shawl photo above. I am adding a nice lacey knitted edging on it once done...I don't like boucle fringe as it knots up in itself and always looks untidy.
I'm reading Yarn Harlot's book "Knitting Rules"....what a hoot! I recommend it to all knitters...there's lots of good advice in it as well but geeeeeeze, was she hiding in my house and taking notes for this book?
I must get ready for the day job, sigh, and leave my little knitting world behind for eight hours...well, I will take the pink boucle to work on during my lunch, instead of lunch.
TTFN

No comments: