Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Sittin Knittin







This is my first Knitting Blog post...I am so excited. I want to have a place to post my knittings in progress, finish and of course the frogs...there are always the frogs...well, at least until I can get a website going and sell something.



I've been a knitter for years and years and that'll tell you that I'm not a young girl, but I love to knit. It's addictive-especially the yarn thing. I can't get enough. Chocolate is almost as good-but not as good as time spent in the LYS just drinking in the colours and the feel of the wool/cotton/silk/synthetic/mixes...what about chocolate coloured yarn-well, there you are-the best of both worlds!! Presently on the needles (size 8 circular) is a Ladies Kilt Jacket of my own design in a Heathered Amethyst wool that is to die for. Fronts have a panel of the "thistle" pattern which is in Volume 2 of Vogue Stitchonary....photo forthcoming at some point...probably when I get the front panels begun. I bought this book last Saturday as well as Turner's Design book which had some info in it that I did not have so was very pleased to be able to get two good reference books for my library. Good for business to have more information on design.



Shown here is my jacket I knit to wear with jeans and a little bag to carry with it...I also made the bag button to match (clay) I love this jacket and have had two people ask if I could possible see fit to think about doing one for them as well. I am bartering some sewing with one of them and will make same jacket but in another colourway. The other lady, dear friend, will recieve hers as a surprise Birthday gift...she does not suspect I hope!!



I also made this cute little red felt clutch to use tomorrow evening at Tom's reception with the AAG show. He has two, count em, 2, paintings in this show. I am sooooooooo proud of him!!
And speaking of Tom, I am so excited to be designing a sweater for him in two stitches he's picked out himself. A cotton/wool blend in natural colour that is going to look wonderful on him. I have to get the measuring and yardage figured out, then I will order the yarn and begin. I should get my packet of sock yarn next week, along with new sock needles and new yarn ball winder that I ordered on Sunday. I haven't made socks in years-not since my kids were little-so Tom will be the recipient of my first pair of grown up socks...very plain mind you-but serviceable and hopefully comfortable as well...no ribby seam at the toes!! Should be fun!
Ahhh well, here comes Ardmore to tell me it's time for bed...12:00...how does that dog tell time???!!! Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

YarnThing said...

I totally know what you mean about the Yarn Thing...something about that fantastic fiber that gets me going too!

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com