Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring Has Sprung

OMG, what a glorious day today!! Tom and I just got back from a nice long walk around the neighborhood and it was sooooooo nice-not too hot, not too cool, just breezy and temp. was perfect!

Finished the back of my Ladies Kilt Jacket and began the front panels this morning. I decided not to use the Thistle pattern as it will be decreased away at the neck and that will ruin the look of the pattern...instead, I am putting in a small cable that is half seed stitch and half stockinette and that will run the entire length without any interruption. It's really going to look very nice when done. I blocked the back and I think it will do nicely for our kind of Autumn and Winter. The medium knits up rather small looking to me, even though I got the gauge right, etc. Guess I'll have to try it on someone of both proportions to see which it fits best...I am definitely not a "M"!!
So, once I get the pieces made and blocked, I'll post a pic of this jacket....hope it turnes out well.

No comments: