Saturday, March 10, 2007

Designing Day







What a great Saturday so far! Slept late-for me-then off to the LYS to check out some new yarns. I'm looking for a cotton/wool blend but haven't found exactly what I am looking for yet...it's for Tommy's sweater that I have designed. I did the sketch and knitted up some swatches with cotton yarn on size 6 needles. I'm going to use the Woven Slip Stitch Pattern that is in the new Vogue Knitting Stitchionary 2 (love that book, getting the others soon) and a band of Seed Stitch across the chest and arms. Tommy had wanted a band of the Roots and Branches Pattern but it's just too large and doesn't quite fit, so I will make him a sweater with that pattern all over.



I also designed the Kimono Jacket and knitted up a swatch with my teal lace weight yarn on size 3 needles. It makes such a nice tight stitch and fabric and is practially weightless, which I think is going to help in making the folds in the jacket lie so beautifully! Now I have to find an embroidery pattern that I think will go with the jacket...it has to be something really stunning but also delicate and feminine....must do research!!!



So, now I am off to work on finishing the back of my Amethyst Heather Ladies Kilt Jacket and cast on the fronts before I go to bed tonight!

No comments: