Sunday, April 5, 2009

She's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack~



I can't even say why it has been so long since I posted here...lazy? Busy? Out of words to say? I don't know. Sometimes I just get that way, but I really would like to try to keep up in a more timely way than I have been~a few words every few days at the most.

So, enough said about not keeping up. It's Spring Break you know. No school/work. I have seven glorious days to knit and spin and do what I want to do; although, we all know that at the end of it, I'm going to be cleaning house and doing laundry and all that other necessary stuff right along with the fun things. I love Spring Break-it gives me time to forget all the nit picky, back-stabbing stuff that goes on at school. There's always something-which is why I love my soon-to-be-lost private office where I can go and just do my work without all the chaos. I'm not thinking about next term having to go back to the front office and be right out there in the open with all the germ ridden kiddos traipsing through my office space. Yes, I'm old and crochety! SO!

On the bright side-besides Spring Break-I've been knitting and spinning as ususal. I made a lace coat for a friend of my sister. No pics of this because, to tell the truth, it was a PITA! Fuzzy yarn-oh yes, fuzzy yarn. But, she wanted fuzzy and that's what she got-the pattern called for it, though God knows why anyone would design a lace pattern with fuzzy yarn that cannot be ripped back if an error is made. I did have to rip back and it was the biggest PITA EVER!!! Oh, and not only was it fuzzy, boys and girls, it was BLACK YARN as well...nuff said. Still, it is done, sent to the happy recipient and I was paid nicely for it. I just finished another sweater for same person-this time, much easier but also F-U-Z-Z-Y Y-A-R-N. Seems to be a pattern. It really is a cute sweater, although I would personally knit it with some nice worsted wool if I made it for myself-which I might do because now I have the pattern (mmmmmwwwwwwhahhhaaaa) I will take pics of this sweater before it wings it's way to Michigan next week. Next in line for same person-a very pretty but much cabled sweater jacket that's going to set her back some bucks, but at least she's going to use worsted (hopefully wool not acrylic)because you can't make that jacket with anything but worsted and have it look right. Another cute pattern to add to my collect as well-It's a win-win for me and her.
I just finished spinning and plying my first 3 ply-got enough to make a pair of socks I think and it turned out nicely. Fiber from ForestFiberWorks on Etsy in the Vintage Sweetheart colorway. I thought it would be much redder than it is but actually it's more bronzey red and I like the three ply a lot. I got 315 yards, 12wpi so it will make a nice sturdy pair of short socks...or something else.

I'll be back...

No comments: