Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ravelympics and Knitting Projects



It's my own fault for over-extending myself-I know it. That's just how I am. I am now starting day 2 of the Ravelympics, knitting a really sweet cardi with some of my handspun, but I've got the mate to Tom's kilt hose still unfinished on the needles and the din it's making for my attention is deafening!! You know how socks are, they can be quite insistent. I told Tom this morning that I am going to have to get it done-even though he was gracious enough to understand if I put it aside for the next two weeks. But, it's me, and I can't-I just can't. I have to finish it. I'm trying to come up with a mental schedule of how I'm going to manage the two and finish them both, so here's the plan: socks get at least two hours a day dedicated time. The rest of the knitting hours are for the Cardi. What else can I do?

And talking about over-extending...but so cool...I've found a kajillion sock patterns that can be adapted to Kilt Hose; not to mention that I recieved two new books yesterday that I ordered that have some really sweet Scottish patterns in them-for hose and clothes! I bought Cables, Diamonds, Herringbone, Secrets of Knitting Traditional Fishermen's Sweaters by Sabine Domnick and Scottish Highland Knits by Sarah Dallas. Can we say "Early Retirement"? Oh I wish!! Still, there are so many things I can knit and all Scottish related too. How cool is that? I also ordered enough Gloss sock yarn-Porcini colorway and Dusk colorway-to make two pair of kilt hose. Very awesome Merino and Silk yarn! I'd love to have a sweater set made from it-in Red.

We've ordered our Sponsorship for the SMHG so that's all taken care of. Tom won't have his kilt in time for that, but should have it for GMHG next July and perhaps some other events inbetween. I think he'll look fabulous in it!! Clan Hunter, he is.

Now, off to knit-time is a-wastin!

No comments: