Friday, April 17, 2009

OK, I'm the gajillionth person to say this but...

Susan Boyle is amazing! Today I heard her recording of "Cry Me A River"...I wanted to. OMG, this woman's voice is gorgeous. She may not look like what society deems beautiful, but I say she is one of the most beautiful women I have ever had the pleasure to hear sing. Brings me to tears every time I hear her. I joined the Susan Boyle group on Ravelry...had to. I have to keep up with her because I am getting her first CD when it comes out and if she is ever performing in Atlanta, I'm going! I forsee great things for her and she so deserves them!

Well, I finally got around to grafting the hose top for He'Mo Leanan and now I'm ready to get the garter section worked. Not sure how my left-handed knitting is going to skew these but, what can I do? I am left handed. Still, so far, they look like the photo-so far, so good.

Tomorrow I am teaching Cathy how to spin, so today is reserved for house cleaning...I'd hate her to see the clouds of doggy hair fluffing about as she walks and frankly, I'm a bit weary of it myself. I don't know where she's getting all this hair and why it is shedding so much this year! Overnight my beige carpets are turning black from doggy hair!! Arrrrgggghhhh Anyway, I'm going to let her use Bess and spin the Corriedale because it is so easy to spin. I think she will take to it quickly because she's a fiber person and very artsy craftsy...which is one reason we are friends..sympatico. She's a better artist than I am though-drawing wise. I've got to decide what we'll have for lunch. I think she likes cheeses and breads, so maybe we will have that sort of thing. I gotta go to the store this evening and get stuff. She's also bringing seed catalogs for me to browse so I can get a patio garden going. I really would like to grow some veggies this summer-cut down on the grocery costs.

So, I'm off to get started on the cleaning. I'll feel better once it is done and everything is de-Argie'd.

No comments: