Tuesday, April 7, 2009

If it's Tuesday, it must be allergy season




One thing I hate about Georgia is that every year I get the scratchy throat, itchy eyes and a really bad case of clogged head...and I snore. Tommy had to get up and go to his studio to sleep last night. I woke myself up...but had no place to go to escape myself. You'd think that the one week I have off for Spring Break I'd be well enough to enjoy it. But no.
About all I can do is hang out indoors and knit and spin, so that's a pretty good deal-even though I can't hang my head over too far or I'll drip all over my wool...lovely.
It snowed today. Not a real snow of course, but there were white flakes blowing about and it was cold and windy. Not at all like Georgia in April should be, but then, lately nothing has really been "right" has it? It isn't pleasing to have all this wrongness going on. I wish it would straighten out so things could feel right again.
I'm really enjoying my knitting today. He'mo Leanan kilt hose for Tommy. Oh they are so pretty and I do love the knotwork...Celtic patterns. Anne Gilmour is such a talent and I do hope that she will decide to publish her Celtic patterns. I'm trying to encourage her to do that. She's such a nice lady and I am thrilled to know her and be her friend. Her hose on Ridge are shown...I've only just begun mine...the red ones and can only hope they turn out as well as hers!! I did start a KAL for these hose on my Ravelry group Kilt Hose and Flashes. So far there are 4 of us knitting them!!
That's about it for today. I'm off to get myself something warm to drink and get back to knitting...or maybe spinning...no, knitting I think.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Those are GORGEOUS!! My ancestors were from Scotland; I hear bagpipes and my bones tingle!