Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spinning With Enthusiasm

I had so much fun yesterday teaching my friend Cathy to spin and she took right to it! There is always the learning curve, but really, she did amazingly well for the first time at the wheel...better than I did my first try! I think she's a natural! Even better, than that, I now have a friend to talk spinning with-not that Tommy doesn't listen or isn't enthusiastic about my spinning. After all, he is the one who encouraged me to do this and enabled me with stash fiber and bought my wheels. I think she will dig right in there with me though and another plus is being able to share fiber...if we ever want to purchase fiber that is outrageous, we can go halvsies on it...or fleece. We can try our hand at dyeing fiber too. That should be interesting...
I loaned her a couple of books and the Traddy to practice on with a bag of various fibers to practice with. I know she will quickly get the hang of spinning. She has a friend who is going to send her some Alpaca fiber so she's anxious to learn the whole process.
We will be attending the Peachtree Handspinners Guild meeting next Saturday and not only that, we're planning on a trip to SAFF in October. That will be so much fun! She wants to get bunnies...I must resist the urge to buy furry babies though. I really can't do that. Cathy is also a real pro at gardening too, so we talked about planting veggies-I really do want a small container garden-and she left seed catalogs and gardening books. I am overwhelmed by the choices!

I'm taking Shannen to the park this evening so must get something done this morning, even if it's only a few rows of knitting or start something on the wheel. I just hope the pollen won't kill me right off. It's so bad this year!

No comments: