Saturday, April 28, 2007

I MADE SOCKS...FOR BIG FOLKS


Now, I've knit socks for wee folks before...you know, little bits of tubular knitting that slip over those chubber little feet, but for the past couple of days I've actually gotten out the sock instructions and knit a pair to fit Tommy (size 10) and if I say so myself, even though they are "house" socks, not shoe socks, they turned out rather well and I am quite pleased with myself for the nice turning of the heel as well. Sock knitting is addictive though. I'm going to have to have more DPN's and lots more sock yarn...LOTS! They're going on the LMG list too! Knit up several pairs in varied and sundry sizes and, as my neices used to say, VIOLA (not voila) there you have a last min gifty that's nifty, n'est ce pas? T'will also be a lifesaver guy gift, 'cause I never know what to get my brothers-in-law...they have everything already.
SOCKS...very cool knitting project!!!

No comments: