Wednesday, April 18, 2007

How cool and hello to Donna who posted such a nice and comerade-ish comment on my last post....we knitters are so alike indeed! I've gotten worse over the weekend...now all my cable needles are taken up with new projects. I am fortunate that Tom is an artist and he understands multiple projects. Friday is Lynnie's birthday and I have a little gift of a knitted bathcloth and some lovely French soap (vanilla) and a pin for a blouse or sweater....a small gift for a dear friend at work. I do need to snap a pic of it before it leaves the house Friday morning. Meanwhile, also working on the Shetland Shawl and I have about forty rows of the center block done...using the dark teal laceweight wool that I had wanted to use for the Kimono jacket but abandoned because I saw a jacket similar to my idea in IK...it would look too much like I was being a copy-cat. Here I thought I was being original. C'est la vie!! I shall design something else, I vow!!! I'm getting over the setting in the sleeves jitters regarding the Kilt Jacket for Pat. Jeesh! I get too wound up I think....just do it Pam, don't think about it!!!Anyway, my thought is to really tackle it Saturday morning (after coffee) and give it 100% attention to detail. It has to be right. But, back to the dark teal lace weight yarn....I am knitting a Shetland Shawl....like I said, do I need one...no...but it's so lovely and when I hold it up in my hand it's so light I can see my hand through it and I dare say that it will weigh less than 10 ounces once finished!!! I'm doing fairly well on tension I think...these needles are so sharp and pointed that I am living in fear that I will split the yarn in places, so the going is slow...slower than normal (hence, only 40 rows done) doesn't matter though....it's just nice to see the shape emerge. I ordered the white Merino (also laceweight) and think I will try my hand at the very lacey Snowflakes shawl and if I ever finish it, it goes to either Beth or Johanna for their wedding...or perhaps I will make two...Jo will probably marry first anyway and being as petite as she is...she'll look lovely in that pattern!My handspun isn't here yet from Carly. I am thinking she had so much on her mind with Bill's passing that she hasn't had a minute to think of anything, which is fine. My heart is just aching for her...I know how I would feel if it were Tom. I would be devastated beyond words (it makes me cry just to write the words and it isn't even a reality....funny, silly me.) I am anxious to get it though. I know it's beautiful!

Well, enough...I need to knit! I'll post more pics after I download what is on the camera.

No comments: