Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Yeah, post every day, uhhh huhhhh


The pic is of a very lovely Shetland Shawl that I have started(WORKING ON ROW 9 OF BORDER NUMBER ONE) in some beautiful Olive Green kettle dyed handspun lace weight yarn. It was to be a Christmas present, but proves to be a bit ambitious for that short a deadline I think...Meanwhile, THE BLOG...So, I am lax, so I don't post every day. I mean to but you know, time just gets away. And speaking of time...where has it gone. You know, it's almost Holiday time and what have I accomplished toward getting the knitted gifties done for all the people I need to gift this year? Weeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllll? Uh, I have made the list, checked it twice too! Yea me! Here are my plans-ambitious I know, but if I start now, I should be able to get it all done by 12:00 PM December 24....(2008???)
An even Baker's Dozen of co-worker gifts...this year, cute little felted pocket books-to hold tissues, a couple of bucks, notepad or the like. Quick knitting they should be as they are done in garter stitch and knitted rectangle about 12 inches long after felting. I have tons of wool yarn so not having to go buy any materials for those. Then, there is family who expects some nice knitterly things from me. Lace scarves for sisters and Mom...OK that'll take a few weeks I'll admit. Socks for the guys...I can knit a pair a weekend...let's see, that should be a pair every weekend for the the next month and a half. I have the neices gifts already done...whew! Granddaughter is getting an adorable Ladybug hat, socks and jacket I(good Nana that I am) have already started and my globetrotting son who is now in Colombia will be getting a very toasty pullover that is only minus the sleeves until it is finished. The only thing I foresee getting in my way with this 24/7 schedule would be the arrival of Elizabeth, my new Spinning Wheel...wink wink

1 comment:

Sydney Harper said...

I like the colors in your Shetland Shawl. I don't even try to post to my blog every day. There's just not enough hours in the day.