Monday, October 1, 2007

October Projects

So long since I posted that I nearly forgot the password...but here I am. It's Oct. 1 and in the works are still the lovely Wedding Ring shawls of Alpaca...coming right along on those-the green one is at the second level stage right now and I am also halfway through the Autumn colors one-on the decrease side... and soon to be added will be an Aran Sweater for Tommy from Ireland....Connolly pattern. It's lovely and I can't wait to get my hands on the yarn for it! I know it's going to smell heavenly...Aran wool does. I am especially anxious ot get to all those nice cables and pattern stitches and feel the weight of it as it progresses.
Looking foreward to the Southeastern Fiber Festival in a few weeks. I am planning on getting some nice yarns for the stash- might even get another project from Elaine. I'd love to get some wool that I don't have-like maybe some Bison or Camel...even if it's only enough for a scarf or hat. Seriously considering Addi Turbo's this month...I need some cable needles that are smooth. The other alternative would be the set from KnitPicks..I have some of theirs and I like the nickle base and the weight is really good..points are really sharp for lace knitting too!
The Knitting Group at school is going right along as well. They're all learning and seem to be picking up on the cast on and knit stitch very well...just a few who don't quite have it, but as I say...it will click and then they'll be off and running. Some are especially good at it...Marge, Maria, Laurie...and Eve, Marla, Ann and Robert are coming right on too. It's a good group and we are having a great time.
That's about it for now. Hope to have the new MAC soon and then I'll be ready to post some pics!

No comments: