Saturday, October 27, 2007

On Being Nana

I go to pick up Shannen, my 3 year old granddaughter, for the weekend...in just about an hour. She is the sweetest little one, but ever, ever so headstrong and willful!!! She will be here until tomorrow evening so it will be two days of playing and naptime and lots of No's but lots of love too. I'm making her a pair of blue wool socks...one done, the other to cast on during naptime today I think. She should have new socks by tomorrow AM. I love knitting for her though...she's quite the little fashion plate but very tall for her age so I have to be careful what I knit so she doesn't dress older than she is...needs to stay a little girl as long as she is a little girl!! Will post pics of the socks once they are done. I've found some yarn in my stash to make more socks for her too...some nice soft blends that should make cute lacey socks for her.I love being her Nana.

No comments: