Tuesday, November 6, 2007

SIGNING UP FOR RAVELRY

So, I signed up for Ravelry...I had to! Have you seen the really awesome (dated word, I know) patterns and knitterly stuff on that site!??!! OMG, it's Knitter Heaven is what it is. I'm on the waiting list of course...about 12000 people ahead of me, but it's like the epitome of Knitting Sites to belong to...it's like getting your Master Knitter Pin in websites/chatrooms/pattern source.It's Knitting Nirvana.
I think it might even (once I am allowed in and given the HI SIGN)give me the impetus to branch out into other colors of yarn in the spectrum besides blue...although blue will always be my fav, it just is...but I am thinking along the lines of greens and oranges and yellows and purples (I did make a nice purple jacket for Pat though...remember?) I could even play with designing and with the additon of my sweet little Elizabeth wheel, making some unique yarns, dyeing my own, etc. There is no limit to what I might do...it's scary that I am so obsessed.

And, speaking of my dear Elizabeth Wheel...I heard from her previous owner and she got the check and the wheel is on the way. I am all shivery and can't wait until she gets here. I've orderd Teach Yourself Visually Handspinning...it's a safety purchase just in case I can't find anyone to teach me how to spin. I'm having a hard time finding anyone close by. Weird, I know...in a town this size you'd think....!!!!???? Now, I'm not going to buy any wool until I get her but I am soooooooooo tempted to get several pounds of this and that and just go wild. Well, why not...I mean, I'll use it no matter what, but I have to exercise a little restraint I think. Christmas is a'comin and there are gifties to get. Wool is on my wish list...hint, hint (family, that's for you!!!)

No comments: