Thursday, November 1, 2007

On Sock Yarn, AKG and Lily Chen

Tonight was the monthly meeting of the AKG-which is always eventful and nice to go to...a whole passle of knitting folk and of course the LYS's with goodies to buy.
I bought some lovely Silk and Silver...the black colour...from kraemer. It's just ever so nice and will make a very handsome lace evening shawl. I also bought the greatest looking sock yarn by Shi Bui in crayon colors-of which I will make a wee little jacket and will use my Smiley Faced Flower Buttons upon...it will be cuter than cute! I should have bought more, but the program was beginning and I was anticipating a wonderful program led by none other than Lily Chen-of knitting design fame. Well, maybe it was me, but....YAWN!!!!! She was showing crochet work, not knitting and I am just not a fan of crochet-other than to embellish a piece of knitting. So glad I didn't get into her workshop now...I know it's awful to say that but I really thought it would be a more interesting program. Hmmmmmm-well, just goes to show you.
I'll post pics of the new yarns I got...not tonight because it's late and I am tired though.
Hope to get my lovely little wheel soon-then I will be buying wool roving and silk hankies and all manner of other fibery goodness to touch and look at and dream up ways to use.

No comments: