Monday, July 14, 2008

GRANDFATHER MOUNTAIN IN JULY

What could be better than the Highland Games in North Carolina in July? The fact that it was, without a doubt, one of the best weekends we've ever had as far as weather and the games! Tom found his clan and was emotionally struck as we all are when we find our clan and roots, and he is now all out to get his kilt and I am as happy as a piggy in mud that I'll now be able to spin and knit him some kilt hose and flashes!! YEA!!! I've found some patterns I want to try so maybe he'll like one of them. I also have a fabulous pattern I've made up for flashes that will have a thistle pattern knitted in. I know he'll love it! At any rate, the games were lovely. We both love it up there and as I've said before numerous times, this trip only made my resolve that much stronger, we're going to retire up there!!

I'm gearing up for the Ravelymics in August...I'll be knitting the cardi...see below...and that is coming along just fine. I've nearly finished my spinning. I'm knitting a cabled sweater in the Blueberry wool crepe, which I started at the Games and have completed, almost, the back. It looks really nice, but will be somewhat warm for this climate I think...could put it up for sale on the site though.
Just got 4 ounces of Merino roving and I have more roving coming from Brenda-the Llama and some things her hubby made to put up on THISTLEKNITS.

So, better get back to some spinning and knitting.

No comments: