Monday, July 16, 2007

Waiting on yarn for the stash

Today is kinda a this and that day. Tommy and I went to the art store...he's in the process of putting a huge canvas together that is going to be the recipient of the most awesome painting...can't wait to see him begin this one! Hopefully it will be the first of a series that he can exhibit. He just finished Winter on the Rideau that turned out exquisitely! Anyway, we got the canvas and stretches, etc. back home.
I've been knitting a very toasty sweater-I thought for Tommy-in Chestnut wool. Very plain jane, but thick and warm, so I heard from my youngest, Andy, today and he is going to Peru for a year and needs some warm clothes, so I am going to give him this sweater and make Tommy another one. They're both about the same size anyway and I think Andy will need the warmth of this heavy sweater. Hope he will like it. I'll make him a scarf to go with as well.
Also on the needles are a pair of melon colored Brioche stitch socks...cuteie pies indeed.
I'll be checking out Nicholas Kniels in a couple of weeks for ribbon to tie at the neckline of the Victorian Cape I knit. It's going to Johanna for Christmas this year and I plan on getting an Aqua silk ribbon-very chic, very pretty!
I knit up a quick little belt pouch in some of my hand dyed wool and felted it-turned out sooooo cute! Also finished the felted chocolate brown purse and embellished it with braided I cord handle and trim around the flap...also another winner in my book! Looking foreward to using it this Fall. The little red felted lunchbag was also finished this week and I added the most adorable crayon stripe big button to close it!
Wish I could post pics, but maybe soon. All in all, I've done a good bit of knitting and have several FO's to show for my time off from school this year!
I LOVE KNITTING!!!!!

No comments: