Thursday, July 12, 2007

KAL-My First


I joined a KAL yesterday. My first This is for the Wheat Ear Cable sweater in the latest issue of IK. I love the sweater a lot-even though it will probably not suit me all that well. I guess if it doesn't, I'll send it on to my sister. She looks really good in all sorts of sweater styles. Hmmm, could be her Christmas gift this year.
Anyway, could I wait for the KAL to start in September??? Ohhhh No, I had to go ahead and knit just to see how it looks in the Oregon Coast Merino wool yarn! BTW, it looks fabulous dahling!! Soooooo soft and drapey and the cables are just the tidiest. I think it will turn out well. Meanwhile, I'm putting it aside until September in order to KAL with the others in the group. I have other projects to work on until then.

Projects I am working on are some felted purses, a couple of scarves and hats sets and soon will have a couple of pairs of socks on the needles as well. Waiting on an order from Knit Picks which should be here within a couple of days and that will bring me some new DK wool, lace and some of their new sock wool which self stripes...can't wait to try that out!!!

So, that's about it for now. I'm still computerless, which means if I post anything at all it's because I have overtaken Tommy's computer. I"m going to try to post a pic here as well (of the Wheat Ear Sweater WIP), but not sure if I can get that to work.

No comments: