Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hot Socks


Amongst the other things I am knitting....and trying to be ohhhh so careful with and do just right...is another pair of socks for moi..in wool and with red toe and heel. Did I mention these are toe up socks. Well, Ann Budd, that's her name I think, has a tute in the latest issue of IK and I decided I'd give toe up socks a go-even though I am a top down knitter. So, they are really hot, and I mean weatherwise hot. Why would I make wool socks and live in a place that is as hot as Hades? Because wool knits up so nicely. I know I could have chosen something a little lighter, but how cool are charcoal gray socks with red toes and heels? I like them but they really are super toasty. Do you think I should turn the AC to 40d and just wear em anyway?

No comments: