Thursday, May 24, 2007

DESIGN 101


Okey dokey boys and girls, I'm about to jump into the big world of knitting design and start my sketch (not yet on the drawing board, but in my head) for a very nifty jacket...one I can actually wear myself, so it isn't at all fussy...and then, after a few deep breaths, I'll start the inevitable swatching, yea verily, even frogging too and of course, as is always the case with knitwear design and execution, the dreaded......shhhh...math. But, I will do it because I have this really cool idea and of course, there is that yummy Baby Alpaca yarn in the Tide Pool colourway mmmmmmmm, and won't it look the dream once knit!! Oh yeah, I forgot about writing it all down too...you know, in knit language, so I'm going to do that too. Ambitious, perhaps, but what the hey, time's a'waistin and I'm not getting any younger.

No comments: