Tuesday, July 12, 2011

IT'S THE ARAN AGAIN

Tom has been after me to 'wash' THE SWEATER and as a reminder, he placed it on the sofa in my studio. I ceremoniously carted it to the bathroom this afternoon and plunged it in the tub with appropriate sweater washing detergent. Careful not to swish...gods forbid...I let it soak, then rinsed, then rinsed again, all in cold water. I hope it is clean-it should be. Lots of little bits of vm came out to the surface, which is a good thing, so I think I did it right! And so, it now lies all spead out on the rest of my clean towels...a half dozen are now in the wash after becoming sponges. I hope it turns out ok 72 hour wait time ...

1 comment:

Sigrun said...

I love Eucalan. I fill the top-loading wash machine to low level with tepid water. Add 3-4 capfuls of Eucalan. Push down with hands, not agitate. Let soak for 30 min. or so (I've forgotten sometimes). bunch sweater up. Spin out. No rinsing. Lay almost-dry sweater out and shape.
there is mixed opinion on front-loading washers--know nothing about them.