Saturday, August 11, 2007

NORCROSS KNITTERS

Norcross Elementary has the most wonderful new Principal-Dr. Dora Hill!!! After four years of pure H.E.double Hockey Sticks (when was the last time you heard that one? LOL) we now have a lovely woman who encourages her staff, goes out of her way to make things pleasant and peaceful and is a pure gem to work for! But let me tell you what else she has done. I went to her yesterday and asked if a group of us teachers and staff could perhaps use the Media Center one day a week for a knitting class I wanted to offer. She not only said yes, she said put a notice in the mailboxes at school, invite all the staff to join and then she commissioned me to knit something for her!!! She said she'd be happy to have us there for an hour or so once a week and she'd be sure the AC/Heat would be on in the MC for us!!!! So now, I introduce THE NORCROSS KNITTERS CLUB. So far I have about 10 people interested in joining the beginners knitting class, some experienced knitters who want to hone skills and work on long forgotten projects, a couple of crocheters (always good to learn another skill too if you don't know how....I do so there will be lots of help for them too) and hopefully we will all become better friends and co-workers! I'll be working on the handout with supply list, etc. today. It should prove to be a lot of fun!!

No comments: